A Hand UP, Not a Hand Out
Families are approved for partnership based on their ability to pay for a home, willingness to partner, and need for housing.
Habitat future homeowners complete 300 – 500 hours of ‘sweat equity’ by completing financial and homeowner education, home construction, and working at the ReStore.
Future homeowners purchase their homes via a 20-year, zero interest mortgage with an affordable monthly mortgage payment.
- Check Habitat for Humanity 2017 Income Limits
- Must be a citizen of the US, or permanent legal resident.
- Must currently live or work in Williamson County, TX and for the past year.
- Have stable and sufficient income to make the monthly mortgage payment.
- Have a need for housing.
- Be willing to complete up to 500 volunteer hours with Habitat after selection.
Next Homeownership Application Meetings Scheduled for January, 2018 – please check back here later for more details.
If you are interested in homeownership and live in another county review this list of Texas Habitat affiliates to contact for their application process.